Friday, June 26, 2009

My Beloved


As of today, I am married to an older man.

Today is Josh's birthday; for those of you who don't know him, I hope you have a chance to meet him someday. For those of you who do know him...well, you lucky ducks :-)

"My beloved...is chief among 10,000. This is my beloved, and this is my friend." -Song of Songs 5:10

Everyday spent with Josh is an adventure. He inspires me to be a better person, and he is more committed to glorifying God than anyone I know. He is a giant among men.

Even though we, like everyone, have experienced challenges, God has blessed me through Josh every day I have known him. I don't know how long God has ordained for us to be together this side of Heaven, but I plan on cherishing every moment.


Joshua, I pray that this will be the best year so far in your young life, filled with joy, adventure, love, laughter, peace, and continued growth in Christ.

To my Knight in Shining Armour, Happy Birthday.

"Like an apple tree among the trees of the woods, so is my beloved among the sons."- Song of Songs 2:3

2 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Happy, happy birthday Josh. I can't imagine saying anything more eloquent or beautiful than what your eloquently beautiful wife just said. (Plus, I'm not sure you want to picture Corey quoting Song of Solomon to you.)

But know in your soul that WE ARE HONORED to have you in our lives. Keep following Him with your whole heart, young man. We are excited even now to watch how he uses your courage, your passion, your vision.

Brittany said...

So cute (: I enjoy these posts...the love, the cute pictures of the pre-k kids, and of course, that nasty spider. haha I was laughing lots during that. I miss you guys but am so glad you have many more months to serve God's precious people in Reho...I love and miss you!

Post a Comment