Friday, November 6, 2009

A New Meaning for Transparent

A lot of believers talk about "being transparent." For those of you who don't know, the term basically means being honest and real, and not holding back parts of yourself in order to present a certain image. Which is fine and good, don't get me wrong.

But I want something different, something more. I want to be so invisible, so transparent, that people can see God's love.

I am sick of them seeing me. I am empty, just a vessel through which the Holy Spirit can work.

But I don't want to be a vessel, I want to be a tunnel. Think of looking through a tunnel; you don't focus on the tunnel itself, but rather the shape of the tunnel directs your vision to the end of the tunnel.

Oh, how I desperately want to direct them to Christ.

Unfortunately, I am afraid I get in the way of that view sometimes. I have my own ideas, which is so preposterous because it's not like I'm going to improve on what God has planned. I am human, I am what is right in front of them.

God, I need your guidance. Show me how to move to the side, so I can still touch them, but not block their view of you. Show me how to do this not in theory but in reality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment