Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Battle Cry

Spiritual battle is intense and relentless here. You have to constantly fight against lies and tricks from the enemy, and it can be incredibly draining. Don’t get me wrong; I know we have a spiritual battle at home, but it is an entirely different kind. Sometimes it seems satan is trying to block our communication with God; during those times, we rely on God’s word more than anything. We read about the armor of God, and rely on it often.

The other day, I saw Josh was doing something with craft sticks, so I asked him what it was. He explained that he was making a cross to display in order to remind satan he isn’t welcome here. We went back to our respective activities, and after a few seconds, he said, “If the devil doesn’t like it, he can sit on a tack.”

Just like that, I was back in Sunday school

1 comments:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I don't comment much but wanted you to know that we are in prayer for you and your ministry. You give us a glimpse of another world and a huge need, and we are grateful for how you are giving yourselves to serving God.

Blessings,
Lindsey

Post a Comment